CSWIP-Radiographic Interpreter Level 2 (Welds) Certificate- 2004-2008
This course designed for personnel responsible for judging the quality of radiograph and reaching informed decisions regarding the identity and extent of the defects revealed.
Training in radiographic interpretation provides essential knowledge on radiographic theory and practice to enable interpreters to judge radiographic quality and practical interpretation of welds and castings respectively.
Training is in accordance with the requirements of EN ISO 9712.
The Radiographic Interpretation course only covers the interpretation of the radiograph, therefore is suitable for personnel wishing to only interpret radiographs as opposed to creating radiographs via Radiographic testing
CSWIP Non-Destructive Testing certification provides a comprehensive range of competence assurance solutions in accordance with EN ISO 9712. Covering practical non-destructive testing of welds, castings and wrought products, these certifications are designed to assure industry of the certificate holder’s level of proficiency.
For NDT personnel requiring sector, product or company specific certification, the CSWIP Employer Specific Non-Destructive Testing scheme applies EN ISO 9712 requirements to the employer’s specific products and inspection procedures.
CSWIP Non-Destructive Testing certification (excluding the Employer Specific) consist of one governing document and several supporting appendices that provide the relevant ‘Examination Format and Syllabus for the Certification of Personnel engaged in Non-Destructive Testing of Welded Joints and General Engineering Components’ for each particular method.
An individual certified to Radiographic Interpretation Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to Radiographic Interpretation procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorized by the employer to:
- Select the Radiographic Interpretation technique for the test method to be used;
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method;
- Translate NDT codes, standards, specifications and procedures into NDT instructions adapted to the actual working conditions;
- Calibrate and verify equipment settings;
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures;
- Prepare Radiographic Interpretation written instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below level 2;
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below level 2, and
- Report the results of Radiographic Interpretation tests